Phd In Monad University Courses
- B.E. (Civil Engineering)
- B.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- B.E. (Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering)
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
- M.Phil. in Music (Hindustani/Karnatic)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- M.A. (History)
- MA. English
- M.A. (Political Science)
- MBA (Agri Business)
About Phd In Monad University
The Annamalai University owes its existence to the wisdom, benefaction and philanthropy of a far-sighted visionary- Dr. Rajah Sir Annamalai Chettiar of Chettinad. As early as 1920, he founded Sri Minakshi College in Chidambaram, a great pilgrimage centre and also a centre for South Indian traditional culture and learning. In 1928, the Annamalai University Act was passed and Sri Minakshi College paved the way for the establishment of Annamalai University.Dr. Rajah Sir Annamalai Chettiar, during his tenure as Pro-chancellor for 19 years, paid great attention to the growth and development of the University and took immense care to appoint able Vice-Chancellors of extraordinary calibre and learned and enlightened staff members who were scholars and scientists of great repute as Professors and Heads of Departments.
Growth and DevelopmentAfter the demise of Dr. Rajah Sir Annamalai Chettiar, his eldest son, Dr. Rajah Sir Muthiah Chettiar, a multifaceted personality of rare calibre, strove with sustained vigour and zeal to lead the University into new horizons by setting new directions and goals. The Directorate of Distance Education of the University is his brainchild and a definite asset to the University. It was set up in 1979 and has been rendering yeoman service in continuing education to all age groups across the country. The Faculty of Medicine along with the Dental College, Nursing and Pharmacy Departments were initiated in 1980, and thus the cherished desire of Dr. Rajah Sir Muthiah Chettiar to set up a Medical college under the umbrella of the Faculty of Medicine was fulfilled in 1985. During the span of 36 years as Pro-Chancellor he nurtured and nourished the continuous growth and development of the University.Consolidation and Expansion
The present Pro-Chancellor, Dr.M.A.M. Ramaswamy, was nominated by the Chancellor to succeed his father as Pro-Chancellor of the University. Blessed with the insight of a skilled entrepreneur, the organizational capabilities of an executive, the versatility of a venturesome industrialist and with the qualities of leadership and organization he has continued to show the same care and guidance for the growth and development of the University. Thanks to his guidance and encouragement, several new job-oriented courses like Biotechnology and Bioinformatics had been introduced in the various Faculties both on campus and off campus mode. His keen interest in sports has resulted in the growth and development of the Physical Education Department which now has an enviable addition of a Tennis complex, Gymnasium and a sports laboratory.The University that started with only seven departments in 1929 has over the years developed into a famed institution of higher learning with 49 departments under 10 faculties thus gaining the reputation of being one of the few Institutions in India with all faculties under one roof. The University has the advantage of a well equipped Central Library and Laboratories that provide excellent facilities for undertaking research projects for Ph.D. and Post- Doctoral work. Several research projects, funded by national and international funding agencies including the State and Central Government, has been carried out by the various Faculties, in addition to which close co-operation has been developed with neighbouring industries for promotion of research and training programmes.The University thus promotes the spirit of learning, fulfils the aspirations of enlightenment as aptly observed by Dr.S.Radhakrishnan when he headed the Indian University Grants Commission that “Annamalai University is eminently fitted to be a genuine centre of learning and culture by virtue of its situation and its beautiful campus”.
Numerous infrastructure facilities have been created to cope with the voluminous increase in enrolment of students in various on-campus programmes. New laboratory facilities in terms of space and quality equipments have been provided to cater to the needs of the learners and researchers. Video conferencing Edusat, Campus wide network, high-tech class room are some of the added new facilities.
Rules and Regulations
- Originals of marks-lists or other certificates should not be sent along with the application. Only attested copies of documents need be sent.
- Students who have joined a programme and wish to discontinue must have paid the fees in full upto the year of study.
- In case of candidates who wish to withdraw from the Programme at the same year of admission who have NOT attended any of the classes and whose seats have been subsequently filledup, service charges for refund of tuition fee and return of original certificates except the Transfer/Migration certificate will be collected @ Rs. 1,000/-.
- No certificate will be issued unless the candidate has cleared all the arrears of fees etc., due to the University.
- With regard to any dispute arising in relation to admissions, examinations, remittance of fees etc., the place of jurisdiction for the purpose of filing a suit or preferring a complaint or taking any legal proceedings against Annamalai University, will be Chidambaram Town only and not any other place.
Late applications and applications which are not in the prescribed form or which are not correctly filled in or in respect of which the prescribed certificates and documents are not received on or before the due date and applications which do not otherwise fulfil the terms of the instructions, will be considered defective and are liable for rejection. The University will not be responsible for any postal or other kinds of delay for the receipt of applications after the due date.
|Admission to the hostel will be strictly restricted to actual accommodation available and no associate will be allowed.
|Code of Conduct
code of conduct shall be observed by the students who are admitted.
|The following code of conduct shall be observed by the students who are admitted.
- The students should conduct themselves in an exemplary manner so as to be a model for other students.
- All students will have to strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of the University.
- If any student is involved in ragging or any other anti social activities, he/she will be expelled and criminal proceedings may be launched against him/her.
- The students should be present during all working hours and sincerely devote themselves to studies.
- The students should attend the classes regularly and punctually.A minimum attendance of 80% in each subject is required to be eligible to appear for the University examinations.
- The campus is “Tobacco Free” and “Liquor Free”. Deviants will face dismissal from the programme.
- The students are forbidden from using powered two wheelers inside the campus.
- Using mobile phones inside the faculty premises is prohibited.
SCHOLARSHIPS SANCTIONED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF TAMILNADU
- Application Fee Concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students: Entrance/Course Application fees concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST Community and Converted Christian by the Government Tamil Nadu (G.O. No. 111. 22.09.1998)
- Tuition fee concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students:Full Tuition fee concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST community and converted Christian under the rule 92 of Tamil Nadu Education Rules by the Government of Tamil Nadu. [92-TNER]
- Post Metric Scholarship: Covering special fees, examination fees,
and maintenance charges will be awarded to the Students belonging to
SC Community whose Parent’s/Guardian’s income from all sources doesnot exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum and ST Rs.1,08,000/- per annum.
- Self Financing Courses (Medical, Dental, Nursing and Pharmacy) Scholarship: Post metric scholarship will be awarded to the students studying self financing courses belonging to SC community and converted students whose parents/guardians annual income from all sources does not exceeds Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- Higher Education Special Scholarship: In addition to the Post Metric Scholarship, Higher Education Special Scholarship is awarded to the hostel students belonging to SC/ST community and the number of scholarship is limited by the Government. The Annual income from all sources does
not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship: The Scholarship will be awarded to the Students belonging to BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship whose Parent’s/ Guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- Fee Concession to Blind Students: Under rule 92 TNER, full Tuition fees concession is granted to Blind students belonging to all communities whose Parent’s/Guardian’s annual income does not exceeds Rs.24,000/-.
- Scholarship for Women Students undergoing PG Course: The Scholarship will be awarded to women students belonging to SC/ST community studying in the faculties of Arts & Science. There is no income ceiling.
|II FELLOWSHIP / SCHOLARSHIP SANCTIONED BY UGC
- UGC – Post Doctoral Fellowship for SC/ST candidates Research Associateship (RA).
- UGC scheme for award of Post Graduate Scholarship for professional courses for SC/ST candidates.
- UGC Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNFS)/JRF/SRF for SC/ST research students leading to the award of M.Phil. /Ph.D.
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child: Only for the candidate who happens to be single girl child of the family (having no brother or sister) and who has taken admission in regular Full-Time Master Degree Course in a recognized University or a Post Graduate college in conventional basic subjects.
Phd In Monad University Courses
|Department of Biochemistry and BiotechnologyInternational Conference on
Phytochemicals in Health and Disease:
Challenges and Future Opportunities
[ICPHD – 2013]23th -25th January 2013
|Department of PsychologyNational Conference onPsychology – Global Issues and Management Strategies15th & 16th February 2013
|Department of Mechanical EngineeringNational Workshop onBIO-FUEL ENGINE AND ITS APPLICATION (BFA-2013)21st & 22nd February 2013
|Political Science & Public Administration Wing,DDENational Seminar onEMERGING TRENDS AND ISSUES IN HUMAN RIGHTS 20131st & 2nd March, 2013
|Department of Chemical EngineeringNATIONAL CONFERENCE OnINDUSTRIAL POLLUTION AND CONTROL TECHNOLOGY[IPACT – 2013]14th– 15th March, 2013
|Department of SociologyUGC –SAP- SPONSORED NATIONAL SEMINAR
27th– 28th March, 2013
|Department of StatisticsNational Workshop onRESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DATA ANALYSIS(Using Advanced Statistical Packages)[RMDA – 2013]5th -7th April 2013
|Department of Biochemistry and BiotechnologyInternational Conference on Bioactive Phytochemicals and Therapeutics(ICBPT-2013)
5th -7th April 2013
|Department of Biochemistry and BiotechnologyNational Worksho on
Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics(GPB – 2013)19th -21st July 2013